If you appreciate the work done on this blog, please consider making a small donation. Thank you!

If you appreciate the work done on this blog, please consider making a small donation. Thank you!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

The MCH History Forum

I've been toying with the idea of doing something like this for a while, and I've finally decided to put it up. What is it? -- The Mill Creek Hundred History Forum! Actually, it's just a fancy way of saying "Open Thread". I'm not sure how it'll work, or how useful it'll be, but I'm going to give it a shot. The Forum is accessible via the button near the top of the page, near the Index, Map and About pages.

What I'm hoping it will be used for is for anything that anyone has to say that's not directly related to the subject of a published post. This can mean comments or reminiscences about anything in the area not-yet-covered; comments, questions, or issues with the site itself; or suggestions for future posts.  Also, I hope this page will make it even easier for all of us to share interesting information. And remember, this sharing of information goes in all directions. Anything shared or asked here is open for everyone. In fact, one of the reasons I wanted to create this page is so that I have a place to ask questions of the community, without the need to put a whole post up to do it. I might ask about something for an upcoming post, or for someone else who's posed a question to me, or just for my own curiosity.

This would also be the place to ask those little, nagging questions you might have ("Is that an old house?", "Did something used to be there?", "Does anyone remember what used to be there?") that might fall short of "You should do a post about that" territory. And even if I don't have the answer (which is always a distinct possibility), there's a decent chance someone else does. Comments on the Forum's page will show on the home page, too, so everyone who visits the site will see them. So, like I said, I'm not sure how this'll work, but we'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment