If you appreciate the work done on this blog, please consider making a small donation. Thank you!

If you appreciate the work done on this blog, please consider making a small donation. Thank you!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Identify This Mystery Object

The Mystery Object
I have something I want to put out for everyone to take a look at. My hope is that maybe someone might know what the heck it is. It was found in the woods near an old farmsite (I don't want to say exactly where just yet, on the off chance it might be rare), and I have no idea what it is. It seems to be made of copper, judging by the coloration and discoloration. If I remember correctly, it's roughly about two feet long, give or take.

The catch here is that it may or may not have anything to do with the farm in which it was found. It's not very far from the barn, but it's sitting in a small creekbed. It may or may not be connected to some copper tubing that is visible nearby. The tubing comes out of the creekbank and may come from the barn as some sort of drainage system. Since the object is in this small creek, that, to me, at least raises the possibility that it could have been washed there from somewhere else, and have nothing to do with the farm. It could be an old car part for all I know.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? Here are a couple more pictures. If you have any ideas, feel free to speak up.




4 comments:

  1. Scott, I'll take a very uneducated guess. The object looks to be some sort of cistern, possibly for a turn of the century toilet. However, the copper pipes nearby indicate that maybe it had an outdoors use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could it be an oil lamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought, but I think it's a little too big for that. That being said, I don't really know much about oil lamps, so anything's possible. As I mentioned, it wasn't really clear whether the object was connected, physically or functionally, to the nearby tubing.

      Delete
  3. I grew up at 11 Alton Court, next to the old cemetary. My sisters, brother and I played in there and discovered many tombs. We would pray at the grave. I believe White Clay Church cleaned up the area, but I can't find nearly as many tombs as there used to be. My parents just passed and my son owns the home now. Growing up we experienced many haunting. I have always felt chills go through me while living there. Our home is the one with a built in pool. We were terrified that we might dig up Graves as the pool was being dug. Our family name is Marra. Our home was built in 1968, I believe.

    ReplyDelete